Take your pick from a wide range of on-campus and online court reporting courses in and around Chicago, the Quad Cities, and Naperville. In Illinois you’ll find yourself right at home when you’re studying at a court reporting school in Illinois. What better place to join the legal field than the Land of Lincoln – home to one of our Nation’s most famous lawyers? That’s right, the Great Emancipator himself started out as a country lawyer eventually working in Springfield before being elected into office. Who knows, after becoming a court reporter in Illinois you might be witness to the courtroom proceedings of our Nation’s next great leader!
Choose one of the accredited schools below to start on your legal career.
As an Illinois court reporter, you will:
- Transcribe court proceedings
- Assist trial attorneys and judges
- Find information from official records
- Prepare and manage documents
Some career figures for court reporting professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $53,770
- Currently employed: 260
- Employment outlook: 14% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Court Reporting Schools Enrolling Now