Louisiana, named in honor of King Louis XIV, is home to the tallest State Capitol building in the United States. You too can stand proud and tall when you take a degree in court reporting in one of the many acclaimed schools in and around Baton Rouge and Jefferson Parrish. If you prefer to study at your own pace, you also have the option of enrolling for an online course. Have a look through the list of available schools below.
As a Louisiana court reporter, you will:
- Transcribe court proceedings
- Assist trial attorneys and judges
- Find information from official records
- Prepare and manage documents
Some career figures for court reporting professionals in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $40,370
- Currently employed: 600
- Employment outlook: 14% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Louisiana Court Reporting Schools Enrolling Now